About the Texas Public Charter Schools Association
The Texas Public Charter Schools Association (TPCSA), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, was created in 2008 to unify, support and grow the charter movement. TPCSA’s mission is to support and advocate for a policy and regulatory climate that ensures every student in Texas has access to ever-improving public school options.
Join the TPCSA team!
What we do:
TPCSA is committed to making sure every child in Texas has access to a high-quality public school that will set them on the path to future success. We tell the charter story and fight for fair policy and a political climate that allows charters to flourish.
How we do it:
Our Core Values are listed below, and they are exhibited in all that we do:
- Excellence – We go for gold. We surpass expectations and strive to deliver the best services.
- Hustle – We jump hurdles. Whatever it is, we get it done by removing obstacles and being resourceful.
- Drive – Our gas pedals are floored. We move full speed ahead.
- Optimism – We move mountains. Our goals are lofty and we believe nothing is insurmountable.
TPCSA is a fully-remote work environment with a dedicated team of staff across the state. We place a heavy emphasis on teamwork, celebrating it weekly, and regularly encouraging cross-team collaboration. TPCSA is also Great Place to Work certified. To foster a sense of teamwork we:
- Have a robust onboarding process that includes in-depth team meetings with every department in the organization, allowing new hires to get to know everyone on staff and understand the organization as a whole.
- Connect briefly as a team each morning for our Daily Huddle where all staff share a bit about their day.
- Build connection time into staff meetings. Everyone has the opportunity to converse (one-on-one) with a different team member each meeting.
- Provide resources for staff to schedule coffee/lunch together.
- Schedule quarterly in person staff meetings and social events.
- Create space for appreciation and recognition through our Weekly Sunshine emails, our bi-monthly Driven Dragon (similar to employee of the month), celebration of birthdays and work anniversaries, and other celebrations throughout the year.
All TPCSA staff receive:
- 100% paid medical insurance (base plan), disability and life insurance
- Low-cost dental and vision insurance options
- Up to 5% 401k match
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Optional Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- ~15 Paid Vacation days annually
- ~23 Paid Company Holidays
- 1 floating holiday to honor a date of significance
- Summer Fridays (office closes at 1pm)
- 4 week paid sabbatical after every 4 years of service
- Hustle Bonuses for employees who go above and beyond
- Monthly mobile phone reimbursement
- Monthly co-working space reimbursement for those outside of Austin
- Annual stipend (via reimbursement) that can be allocated for the following items: wellness, home office furniture, or personal development.
- Ongoing focus on wellness (ergonomics sessions, wellness tips)
- Participation in Go365 wellness & rewards program
- Hertz discount and access to low cost personal travel pricing through Navan
- Optional personal finance consultation with a third-party partner
- Flexibility for medical and personal appointments during the business day to increase work-life balance
- Designated blocks of quiet focus time with no scheduled meetings
- Birthday & work anniversary recognition and gifts