Coming soon to a region near you: the 2017-18 version of Texas Charter Schools Association (TCSA) Executive Leader Meetings.
These regional meetings provide a place for charter leaders to come together to learn from legal experts and share best practices among each other on charter-specific topics. TCSA plans to offer leaders in each region two meeting opportunities, one during the fall semester and another in the spring semester. Charter leaders in each region are invited to attend this free event, even if your charter system is not a current member of TCSA. You MUST register in order to attend these meetings!
Topics for the September meeting:
- Characteristics and skill set needed from the next TCSA Executive Director;
- Student Discipline changes needed in your policies and procedures as a result of the 85th Legislative Session;
- Professional Boundaries: A review of the legal requirements impacting educator and student relations and duty to report misconduct; and
- Other arising charter issues.
Presenters for this meeting:
- Lori Fey, TCSA Board Member and Chair of the Executive Search Committee currently leading efforts to identify the next Executive Director of TCSA
- Christine Nishimura, Lindsey Gordon and Paula Moeller from the Texas Charter Schools Association.
- Legal staff from Shulman, Lopez, Hoffer and Adelstein, LLP
Regional Meeting Dates:
- Rio Grande Valley, September 6 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at IDEA Headquarters Register
- San Antonio, September 7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Braination Central Office Register
- Austin, September 11 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. at TCSA Offices Register
- Metroplex, September 12 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Manara Academy Register
- El Paso, September 13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. MST at ESC 19 Register
- Houston, September 19 from 1-4:30 pm at YES Prep Central Office Register
- West Texas, September 21 from 1-4 p.m. at RMA Odessa Register
- East Texas, September 22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Cumberland Academy Register