As we mark the 20th year of public charter schools operating in Texas, we can look back at our successes and how far we have come as a movement. Currently, there are nearly 250,000 students enrolled at a charter school at 629 campuses across the state. With 130,000 students on a waiting list, there is still work to do to ensure that public charter schools have the resources needed to provide a quality public education to students.
The Texas Charter Schools Association (TCSA) continues to diligently work on behalf of public charter schools with the Texas Legislature, Texas Education Agency and State Board of Education.
We will continue to fight on your behalf for these priorities in the upcoming Legislative Session:
• Secure facilities funding for public charter schools
• Exempt charter school buildings from property taxes
• Increase the bond guarantee capacity in the Permanent School Fund
In addition to representing charter schools on these efforts, the following comes with a TCSA Membership:
• Discounted legal products including model board policies, Student Code of Conduct, and a Personnel Handbook
• Access to the Learning Zone, TCSA's robust online training portal
• Legal information and advice, as well as updates and alerts on specific matters pertaining to charter schools
• Resources and tools to engage parents on advocacy efforts with the Texas Legislature
• Access to a growing market of solution providers and nationally-negotiated pricing for supplies and resources
Every charter school has a different mission for its students, but we must all come together to accomplish our common goals. Whether it's finding and retaining qualified staff, meeting state accountability measures or gaining needed facilities funding, our message is stronger as one voice.
Please, take this time to renew or begin a membership with TCSA. Add your voice to the conversation and ensure that this movement continues to grow and succeed.
How to Join or Renew:
Step 1: Login to the Quality Member Portal
Step 2: Complete the 2017 Online Membership Application.
Upon submission of the online application, an invoice will be automatically generated and sent directly to the accounting contact email listed on the application.
Step 3: Remit your Membership Dues to:
Texas Charter Schools Association
700 Lavaca Street, Suite 930
Austin, TX 78701
If you have questions, please contact Nadia Luna.
Thank you for your continued support of charter schools in the great state of Texas.